SPRING MONSTER 2018
This is the best obstacle course and mud run event venue in the Oxford area. We will return to Cornbury Park for the fifth time on April 28th 2018. Cornbury Park (www.cornburypark.co.uk) is a stunning country estate near Charlbury in the heart of Oxfordshire. The elegant 17th century house is surrounded by ancient forest, lakes, farmland and a deer park. The park is home to Lord and Lady Rotherwick who have kindly granted Monster Race permission to host an event in their grounds.
If you’ve run with us at Cornbury before you know what a corker of a venue this is. Featuring lots and lots (and we mean lots!) of woodland, undulating open spaces and water. Add into the mix the Monster’s obstacles (see the obstacle page for details) and you have one of the best obstacle course and mud runs you will come across.
What do I get for my money?
- An fun challenge you will never forget
- Free mud – disclaimer….you can only take what is caked onto your body/clothes!
- A Monster medal – The best in the business? We think so!
- Chip timing – with instant results
- Free event photo’s – subject to our photographers zapping you as you go round
- Free spectator entry – the more the merrier…..bring your granny along
- A cool drink at the end
- VAT at 20% is included
Spring Monster – 28th April 2018 – Entry Fees
|5k Monster in Training||10k Monster|
|Launch Special – Until midnight 2nd July||£37||£40|
|Early Bird – TBC||TBC||TBC|
|Standard Monster – TBC||TBC||TBC|
|Late Monster – TBC||TBC||TBC|
|Skin of your Teeth – TBC||TBC||TBC|
Approximate travel times to Cornbury Park are:
- Oxford – 30 mins
- Cheltenham – 50 mins
- Swindon – 50 mins
- Royal Leamington Spa – 1 hour
- Milton Keynes – 1 hour 15 mins
- Coventry – 1 hour 15 mins
- Reading – 1 hour 15 mins
- Northampton – 1 hour 15 mins
- Rugby – 1 hour 20 mins
- Birmingham – 1 hour 30 mins
- Bristol – 1 hour 40 mins
- Bath – 1 hour 40 mins
The estate does have several entrances. The entrance to use for the event is located on the B4022 next to Finstock Train Station. The postcode to use is OX7 3DG. Monster Race signs will be on display so the entrance will be clear. AA event signs will also be located in the surrounding area to point you in the right direction. If you use an entrance which does not have a Monster Race sign on it you are in the wrong place!
Car parking will be available at the venue. There will be a charge of £5 per car. We do encourage you to car share where possible.